We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Operations team, you will be responsible for managing the electrical control systems associated with water and waste water infrastructure across the district.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- A strong industrial Electrical background
- some knowledge of radio communications
- excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and capability of working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation;
- Ability to get the job done (able to work extra hours when necessary). A team player with a friendly, can do attitude
- demonstrated proven experience in the running and management of electrical systems;
- ability to respond and fault find on complex electrical system
- demonstrated competence particularly with computer applications including but not exclusive to the Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications
- must be a registered electrician
- demonstrated experience in the operation of PLC and various controllers
- ability to analyse complex problems and identify solutions
- experience and knowledge of SCADA operation and associated operating software and hardware
- A current and valid New Zealand Driver’s Licence.
Please Apply HERE
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Chris Appleby, Utilities Infrastructure Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 10 August 2020. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Electrical Systems Engineer 121” to marguerita.harris @kapiticoast.govt.nz