Are you an experienced water treatment operator? Or do you have working knowledge of microbiology, chemistry, hydrology and hydraulics within the water and /or wastewater treatment industry?
Whakatāne District Council has an opportunity for a Water and Waste Water Treatment Operator to play an integral role in making sure we continue to provide high quality water and waste water services that meet our community needs. As our new Operator you will be working with a small team of technical experts to support the continuous operation and maintenance of water supply, storage and treatment across our District, ensuring our water treatment is effective and compliant with all standards and regulations.
Once training is completed to a satisfactory level, you'll then join a roster to provide on call and after-hours duties (including weekends and statutory holidays).
We're looking for someone with:
- A good level of fitness, this role is varied and you'll be active every day getting stuck in.
- A good eye for detail and a commitment to health and safety, as a technically skilled person this will be second nature to you.
- A want to keep learning new skills and keep learning to make sure we keep providing best practice service delivery.
- A good sense of humour! Fun and team work is important to us so we're looking forward to another colleague to join our team.
What will you bring?
- Minimum of 5 years' experience operating water and/or wastewater treatment plants or similar facilities.
- National Certificate in Water Treatment and/or National Certificate in Wastewater treatment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of process control, field and laboratory analytical instrumentation, calibration and maintenance of continuous reading analysers
- Familiarity with monitoring and sampling of water and wastewater
What can we offer you?
Here at Whakatāne District Council we are passionate about delivering well-needed services to our communities, making sure that we are providing what is needed to support our communities to be the best they can be and support our vision of being the place of choice for people to live, work and play.
Working with us means being part of a close-knit, customer-focused team in one of New Zealand's sunniest locations. We pride ourselves on employing talented professionals who like to have fun, embody our values of trust, excellence, learning and teamwork and enjoy living in our superb environment. In a world full of turmoil, come and enjoy some more life in life!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Neal Yeates, Team Leader Water Treatment Plant, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
Applications close Wednesday 5 May 2021