Looking to progress your career, but also wanting to live life to the full? Taupō District Council is looking for a Relief Operator Serviceperson – Asset Renewals & Pools to join our team who shares our commitment to our community & to being the best we can be.
About the role:
In this hands-on role you’ll be a key member of the Asset Renewals team, helping to make sure our District’s Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants operate effectively and Plant assets are maintained to a high standard. This is a varied role but in a typical day you’ll be:
- Making sure the Plant operates seamlessly.
- Taking the best course of action to resolve/report any issues promptly
- Servicing/maintaining/renewing equipment
- Conducting, analysing & recording tests
We’re looking for a teammate with experience in maintaining plant & machinery ideally with a mechanical trade qualification or experience. You will have a National Certificate in Water/Wastewater Treatment (or be keen to commit to achieving a qualification in the field). Most importantly you will;
- Have an excellent work ethic
- Take real pride in your work and the organisation you represent
- Be a willing learner, committed to growing professionally
- Prepared to go the extra mile for your customers and your team
- Strive for excellence with high performance the target
The successful candidate will become part of an award-winning team that has recently achieved several national awards within the water industry. So, if you have what it takes to contribute to the success of this team then we would like to hear from you.
Applications close Friday 8th October 2021. For more information and to apply, please visit taupo.govt.nz/careers