Abstracts will be reviewed and judged on the basis of:
- relevance to the industry,
- suitability of content to a broad audience,
- originality of work (including new concepts,
- improvements or new research or operational data),
- technical content and
- practical application.
Abstracts may be accepted subject to changes being made to the content or focus of the final manuscript. Abstracts with an overt commercial message will be rejected.
Once your Paper is selected
- Successful authors of platform papers will be sent guidelines and a template to assist in formatting their final manuscript. This format must be strictly adhere to.
Authors must manage their own time appropriately and should ensure they complete their paper in time for internal review by their own organisation if necessary.
Delays caused by waiting for internal review is not a relevant excuse for the late submission of papers. To meet printing deadlines, the final manuscript submission date is not negotiable and late papers will be withdrawn from the program.
The manuscript will be made available in pdf format to conference delegates on a USB.
- Authors of eligible operator posters are required to be present to provide a short oral description of their work at a time designated in the conference program.
All poster papers should be a summary of research, trial or operationally based activity and should contain an overview of objectives, methods and materials used, results obtained and conclusions relating to the work undertaken.
not exceed a maximum size of A0 (841mm x 1189mm),
be easily readable from a distance of two metres,contain photos and charts (where necessary), and
adequately convey the message using a minimum of text.
Posters should not advertise commercial services, logos or Trademarks. Specific products may be mentioned by name only in the poster text. Product brochures will not be accepted.
Note: It is a condition of entry that a copy of the poster be provided in electronic format for submission into the conference proceedings and for posting to the WIOG website after the conference. Posters will be included in the manuscript in pdf format to conference delegates on a USB.