Full time, Permanent
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
The Water Treatment Plant Team is responsible for operating and maintaining five water treatment plants, eight supplementary and two emergency bores. In addition they are responsible for monitoring the water quality in the reticulation system
We are looking for a Water Treatment Specialist who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role.
- To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in this trade or similar environment.
- Have an ability to safely and competently undertake the physical tasks associated with the requirements of the role.
- Have the ability to gain, a Dangerous Goods Licence.
- Have proven capability to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with a range of key stakeholders.
- Have exemplary communications skills, time management and an eye for detail.
- Have strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills;
- Have an ability to work effectively unsupervised and to be able to think on their feet.
- Have outstanding problem solving skills.
- Have an ability and willingness to work on a 24/7 roster that may include overtime and standby to ensure effective cover for the treatment plants and services;
- Have a mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Have a level of competence to effectively use current technology and a willingness to learn new systems and process to keep up to date with new technology in this field.
- Ideally have a National Certificate in Water or Wastewater Treatment Level 4 or the equivalent. If necessary, the council will provide support to achieve relevant training and qualifications.
- Hold a Breathing Apparatus Certification and a Confined Spaces Certification. If necessary, the council will provide support to achieve relevant training and certification.
- Have willingness to undertake a relevant vaccination programme (if applicable).
- A current and valid New Zealand Full Driver’s Licence.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Bruce Nesbitt, Bulk Water Treatment Supervisor on 027 555 5762.
A copy of the position description can be found here.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks.
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Treatment Specialist 114” to [email protected]
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 8 July 2019.